Effective Date: June 01, 2020
This policy outlines how Form King (“Form King”, “we”, “us” and “our”) uses and protects any information that is provided by, or collected from, you when you visit our website of use any of our services.
Form King is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We consider data protection and privacy to be of paramount importance. We NEVER sell or trade personal data. We carry out all processing operations of any type of personal data in strict compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). In some cases we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can identify you while using our services. This data will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we process, store and protect it.
By using any of the Form King properties or services, notable www.formking.io and app.formking.io, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this document in its entirety.
Data protection laws require companies and organizations to describe their role and responsibilities when handling personal information. Additionally, we do not knowling collect or process data belonging to children.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We value your trust. In order to honor that trust, Form King adheres to ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you provide. Form King is used by Form King “Users” and by Form King “Respondents”. The information we receive from Users and Respondents and how we handle it differs, as set out below.
Form King Users
As a User, we collect information relating to you and your use of our Services from a variety of sources:
Information we collect directly from the User
- Registration Information: Information you provide to us when you register an account
- “My Profile” settings: you can view and edit various preferences and personal details on “My Profile” settings. For example non-transactional communication preferences and account name.
- Form King Submission Data: We store your Form King form data (questions and responses) for you.
- Plan + Billing Info: We store information about your Plan. If you subscribe to a paid plan, we require you to provide your billing details
Information we collect about the User indirectly or passively when interacting with us
- Usage data: Form King collects usage data about Users whenever they interact with our services, including information they have elected to make publicly available.
- Device and application data: Form King collects data from the device and application the User uses to access our services, such as the IP address and browser type. We may also infer the geographic location based on the User IP address.
- Information from Third parties: Form King may collect User personal information or data from third parties if the User gives permission to those third parties to share such information with others or the data is extracted from publicly accessible sources.
- Information from cookies and page tags: Form King uses third-party tracking services that employ cookies to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data may include usage and User statistics.
Form King Respondents
As a Respondent, when you respond to Form King forms hosted by Form King, we collect, on behalf and upon instructions of Form King’s Users, information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources:
Information we collect directly from the Respondent: Form King responses
When responding to a Form King form you may provide personal information or data. Please note that Form King is not responsible for the content of that Form King form, so if you have any questions about a Form King form you are completing, please contact the Form King User directly.
Information we collect about the Respondent from other sources on behalf of Form King’s Users
- Usage data: on behalf of Form King Users, Form King collects usage data about Respondents whenever they interact with our services.
Form King’s obligations as data processor when processing Respondents’ data on behalf of Users
When Form King is processing Respondents’ Data on behalf of Users, the User who creates the Form King form is the Data Controller in relation to the data of Respondents using such Form King form, and Form King is the Data Processor of such Respondents data (hereinafter, User shall be referred to as the “Data Controller” and Form King as the “Data Processor). For the processing of Respondents’ data on behalf of the Data Controller, the Data Processor undertakes to fulfill the following obligations:
For the processing of Respondents’ data on behalf of the Data Controller, the Data Processor undertakes to fulfill the following obligations:
- a) To treat the personal data only to carry out the provision of the contracted Services, in accordance with the instructions given in writing, at any time, by the Data Controller (unless there is a legal rule that requires complementary processing, in such a case, the Data Processor will inform the Data Controller of that legal requirement prior to the processing, unless the Law prohibits it on public interest grounds).
- The pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data;
However, the Data Controller may authorize, expressly and in writing, the Data Processor to use another data processor (hereinafter, the “Subcontractor”), whose identification data (full company name and fiscal identification number) and subcontracted services must be communicated to the Data Controller, prior to the provision of the service, at least with one (1) month in advance. The Data Processor will also inform the Data Controller of any change envisaged in the incorporation or substitution of the Subcontractors, giving thus to the Data Controller the opportunity to object such changes.
In case of making use of the power recognized in the previous paragraph, the Data Processor is obliged to transfer and communicate to the Subcontractor the whole obligations that for the Data Processor derive from this Agreement and, in particular, the provision of enough guarantees that he will apply appropriate technical and organizational measures, so that the processing complies with the applicable regulations.
In any case, access to the data made by natural persons who render their services to the Data Processor, acting within the organizational framework of the latter by virtue of a commercial and non-labor relationship, is authorized. In addition, access to the data is granted to companies and professionals that the Data Processor has hired in their internal organizational framework in order to provide general or maintenance services (computer services, consulting, audits, etc.), as long as such tasks have not been arranged by the Data Processor with the purpose of subcontracting with a third-party all or part of the Services provided to the Data Controller.
- e) To delete or return to the Data Controller, at their choice, all personal data to which they have had access in order to provide the Service. Likewise, the Data Processor undertakes to delete the existing copies, unless there is a legal rule that requires the preservation of the personal data. However, employees and other personnel working for the Data Processor are entitled to access Users and Respondents data as required to carry out their obligations under the terms of their contract.
If the Data Processor or any of his Subcontractors violates this Agreement or any regulation when determining the purposes and means of the processing, they shall be held responsible for such processing. Furthermore, if such Subcontractors are based in countries which do not have a legislation on data protection which is equivalent to the EU legislation (“Third Countries”), Data Processor shall establish all safeguards required by the EU legislation in order to comply with all obligations arising from transfers of data to Third Countries, and shall promptly inform Data Controller about such safeguards if so requested.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED
We store your personal information only on servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities, and use a variety of technologies and procedures intended to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Nonetheless, no communication via the Internet can ever be 100% secure, and no security measures can ever be assured to be effective. Accordingly, you are advised to use caution and discretion when determining what personal information to disclose to us. If you have any questions about security on our Site, contact us as set below.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS, RECTIFICATION OR ERASURE, RESTRICTION AND OBJECTION, OF PROCESSING
As part of these terms you are prohibited from allowing any form of illegal data to enter our systems and we, Form King, will act only as a data processor for this data. The fundamental rights for the data subjects are your responsibility as the data controller, these include but are not limited to;
- The right to be informed
In order to make things easier for you, and without prejudice to the legal requirements Form King must comply with under the laws, Form King allows you to exercise the above-mentioned rights by opening a support ticket via the Help Center or contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity throughout the Form King Services and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your experience.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
CANCELING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may cancel your account and you may opt out of receiving any emails from Form King at any time by changing the settings in your account profile page. Deleting your account will cause all the Form King data in the account to be permanently deleted from our systems within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law and will disable your access to any other services that require a Form King account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please reach out to us from our contact info given below.